Monday, August 21, 2006

70/30 - Week 1

Well...it turns out that I'm not a strong-willed as I thought I was.

Weight: While it's true that I cut back a lot on what I ate this week, there wasn't a marked improvement. I am reminded that it's important I change WHAT I eat as well. I also didn't have a lot of time for exercise. I will try and find more time this week.

Prayer: I did take more time to pray this week. I also found myself being a lot more conscious of the need for it. There wasn't, however, a particular part of the day that I committed to prayer. Therefore, it still felt like an afterthought. I don't want God to be an afterthought. I want God to be the first thought. I don't mean that I'm looking to be overly pious, but I do think that my ultimate happiness and fulfillment can only be found in submitting to God's will for me. I will try and use my daily drive-time as prayer-time.

I'll try and update this every Monday. Next week I'll be less of a coward and actually tell you what the scale said. If my scale had a personality and a face, it would have given me the disappointed look my mother used to give me when my actions didn't match my potential. You know what look I'm talking about.

-Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Although there was no major improvement on my scale either! (you'd think the salmonella weight loss thing would have stuck around)
    I did go to the grocery store and bought good, balanced things to eat. Orin and I haven't been out to eat since last Thursday - (trust me that is HARD!) we are going to try to not eat out the whole month of September.

    (I hope I told Orin about this...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oerin,

    Thanks for the support. The more people I have around me doing this, the better. Maybe I should look into the salmonella thing.

    ReplyDelete