Monday, May 22, 2006

Fun at the Hampton Inn

Yesterday, I traveled down to St. Robert (Ft. Leonard Wood), MO to provide entertainment for the Sacred Heart Parish Volunteer Appreciation Dinner. The event was held at the Hampton Inn and catered by a local company. What a great afternoon. When I arrived at around 12:30pm, the honorees were already eating and there was a slide presentation showing scenes of ministry from the past year. At 1:30pm, the honoring began. Following a short video presentation, each parish ministry coordinator stood up and personally thanked each person who had helped in that particular ministry over the past year. This exercise really showed the vast amounts of people involved in ministry at Sacred Heart. There is no doubt that the church is alive and well at Ft. Leonard Wood.

At 2:30pm, I took the "stage". Scheduled to play for an hour and a half, I decided to focus my presentation on "lifting up" the ministry folks in attendance. I played a lot of the usual stuff, but added in some funny tunes and some songs I've barely played before. One of the songs I played is called Show Us The Way, which can be found on my 2nd CD, For All Time. the song focuses on the difficult task of doing ministry in the world, and calls on the Holy Spirit to come and give us what we need. It seemed to work well for the moment.

Thanks to Celia Guieb and all of the wonderful people at Sacred Heart for inviting me to be a part of your celebration. It was a great time.

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment