Saturday, May 6, 2006

Are You Listening?

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to lead music for the opening of the Jefferson City Diocesan 6th Grade Vocation Day. As usual, the kids were loud and energetic. Due to some miscommunication, the typical forty-five minute-long set turned into an hour and fifteen minute-long set. It went great though. The kids were frequently reminded that the day was going to be about listening for God.

It made me wonder how many of us really do listen for the voice of God. I don't want to suggest that we're not spiritual people, but there are times in my own life that I'm only listening for what I think I should be hearing. In other words, if I think I'm called in a certain direction, I tend to listen for things that might lead me there, rather than what God might actually be saying to me. Just a thought.

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment