Friday, January 27, 2006

R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A.!!

Orin and I want to extend our gratitude to the students and faculty of Bush Elementary School in Fulton, MO for inviting us in to be part of their Friday afternoon assembly today. We had a lot of fun and made a lot of noise. Some of the kids remembered me (Shannon) from when I played at "I Love America" Day in the spring. At that event, I led about 800 kids from the district in the singing of Chickenwire Joe and John Mellencamp's "R.O.C.K in the U.S.A". We did another version of that song today, and the kids did a great job. Today, we also learned a little more about being reliable and what it means to be a friend who can be counted on. We ended our time with a frantic version of Dum-Dum Deedle, and hopefully left the kids out of breath. What a great time!

-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment