Thursday, August 25, 2005

Germany and the near future

Guten tag!
 
I've finally returned from Germany where I, along with 800,000 of my closest friends, were celebrating the 2005 International World Youth Day.  This event was capped off with a Papal Mass attended by 1.2 million people at Marienfeld.  It was a truly extraordinary event.  To see the overwhelming faith of all of those youth from around the world gave me hope that the present and future church are in good hands.  To see some pictures and highlights from our trip, click here.
 
The next couple of months will be very busy for me.  In addition to my job as youth minister at St. Peter's, my ministry with oddwalk will keep me hopping.  As Orin mentioned in an earlier blog, we are recording a short CD to take to NCYC with us.  We are also developing t-shirts and traveling around the country a bit to do our ministry.  We are truly blessed to be able to do what we do!
 
I need to go for now.  Have a great week!
 
Shannon

Check out the new Oddwalk Website at http://www.oddwalkministries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment